Sunday, May 1, 2011

The Epiphany

I had an epiphany while straightening my hair. lol. While concentrating on not burning myself I was also thinking about prayer. I was thinking about someone who I am worried about. Just by observing them and their behavior I know that God going to have to do something drastic in order to make them realize their need for Him, and I'm terrified for them. I really want it to happen, but I'm sure it will probably hurt. Which makes it hard because I love them, but I know its for their good. So in my praying for them that God would do what needed to be done I also look to myself and think. "Am I ever like that?" and BOOM Epiphany. The whole examine yourself and log in your eye sort of all lined up. In praying "Dear Lord please humble them and show them their need for you." I also pray "Dear Lord please humble me and show me my need for you and where I may be faltering in my walk with you in that way."

It was as simple as that. That way I don't ignore any logs I may have floating around and I still can purposefully pray for someone I love. Because I really do love this person. But it is going to have to be God who changes them. Because I can not. and being the semi control freak I am that is really hard, but I know God wants it even more than I do. Which is amazing to me.

1 comment:

foundmercy said...

Awesome!! Love it when I have a light bulb going off moment like that. :-D

~Danielle